I've been off of programming for about a year now and am thinking about starting up again. I used to be really into it and was considering it for a career choice. Now I'm in my final year of highschool and realized that I have no plans for university and think I may want to go into computer science still. I need some sort of direction though otherwise I'll get distracted.

-some experience in VB.net
-Most of my time has been spent with Java
-Know some basic C++
-Know some basic Python

The only reason I stopped with Java was because I got to a point where I just didn't know where to go from there. I'm not really sure how to explain it. What would you reccommend me to do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

See if you can get involved with a coding project with others.
The activity will help determine your interest in coding and give you some direction.

That's the thing, I have a hard time finding people who are into coding as well. It's such a small community, or at least where I'm from.

Also, I'm more interested in learning programming instead of just a languange as I've done in the past. Would it benefit me more to learn a new language as opposed to trying to go further into Java?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.