Problem 1 : does anyone have any knowledge about genetic algorithm?
Problem 2 : what development tools should I use to develop the timetable? For example : tools for back-end code
and tools for Interface.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

1. Yes.
  2. Google is your friend.
  3. Don't ask us to do your homework/schoolwork research for you.
  4. If not schoolwork, go to #2.
  5. A good reference text is David E. Goldberg's "Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, & Machine Learning", published by Addison-Wesley.

FWIW, scheduling systems often are more effectively built using CLIPS (Constraint-based rule processing in C) tools. See the Ilog Scheduler tool for an example - it was used to implement the French railway scheduling system as I recall (I studied that system about 20 years ago).

Thanks for you advice. I m not going to ask you all to do my homework or schoolwork research. I have research a lot of development tools, just because I m confuse that whether which tools is better for me designing timetable scheduling system.

So RubberMan, can I ask u one more question ?
Actually I m thinking to use ASP.net to develope the timetable scheduling system, possible ?

Re. asp.net - certainly, but if you want a browser-based solution that can run on any system (mobile or otherwise), then you might want to consider WebApps, Java Script, or HTML5 instead.

As for the homework thing, I appreciate your candid answer. Do continue to post your questions on these forums. :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.