Hello Everyone!

I just joined the community. I need to let you know up front that I am not a programmer. I am starting the journey by learning VB.NET. I downloaded MS Visual Basic Express 2008. I need to do some straight forward apps such as collecting user input to insert into MS SQL queries such as date ranges or values. They run the query.

Can anyone give me the skinny on how/where to begin?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello Everyone!

I just joined the community. I need to let you know up front that I am not a programmer. I am starting the journey by learning VB.NET. I downloaded MS Visual Basic Express 2008. I need to do some straight forward apps such as collecting user input to insert into MS SQL queries such as date ranges or values. They run the query.

Can anyone give me the skinny on how/where to begin?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Ive been struggling with the same problem, but all you have to do is, when you create a query , use query builder and where you type in your criteria, type in "=?" without the question marks, it will create a tool strip with a text box, which you can change to a combo box, where the user can type in the date or value etc... hope i could help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.