Member Avatar for LobeRoni

Hi, I am new to this place and found this by searching for a log in system tutorial for a Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition. So far I have been able to put a code to have 3 users on:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        If TextBox1.text = "Joshua" And textbox2.text = "fw5je4ty" Then
            MsgBox("You have successfuly loged in!")
            Form2.Show()
            Me.Hide()
        ElseIf textbox1.text = "Jason" And textbox2.text = "sj9sl4fc" Then
            Form2.Show()
            Me.Hide()
        ElseIf textbox1.text = "Eric" And textbox2.text = "1337" Then
            Form2.Show()
            Me.Hide()
        ElseIf TextBox1.Text = "" Or textbox2.text = "" Then
            MsgBox("Please enter Username/Password")
        ElseIf MsgBox("Invalid username/password, browser will now shut down") Then
            Application.Exit()
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

But I do not want to have to re-edit this program every time 1 new user signs up for it, meaning I would appreciate any and all help on what to use as a SQL Username/Password database and how to code it. Do not get me wrong, I do not want ALL the coding, I want some serious help, anyone that is will to msn me or skype with me to help me build this.

LobeRoni

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

That's a massive request.

I'd look at some basic tutorial about using vb.net and sql/access.

The video ones are quite good.

Another alternative would be to use just a text file. That would overcome you needing to recompile your code every time you add a new user.

Member Avatar for LobeRoni

That's a massive request.

I'd look at some basic tutorial about using vb.net and sql/access.

The video ones are quite good.

Another alternative would be to use just a text file. That would overcome you needing to recompile your code every time you add a new user.

Ok, thanks, the only thing with the text file is that it would have to be online so that everyone gets it updated. That's where I get the problem, I do not know how to make it connect to the internet to check the username and password on anything.

LobeRoni

Can some0ne help .How do i cameup with a login codes using visual basic.net 2008 express edition

Hi,

Here's an example how to create a Login form with a database:

Imports System.Data.OleDb   

Public Class LoginForm1   

' OK button   
    Private Sub OK_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles OK.Click   
        Dim con As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source=E:\VBproject\myDB.mdb")   
        Dim cmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM Users WHERE userid = '" & usernametextbox.Text & "' AND password = '" & passwordtextbox.Text & "' ", con)   
        con.Open()   
        Dim sdr As OleDbDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()   
        ' If the record can be queried, Pass verification and open another form.   
        If (sdr.Read() = True) Then  
            MessageBox.Show("The user is valid!")   
            Dim mainForm As New MainForm   
            mainForm.Show()   
            Me.Hide()   
        Else  
            MessageBox.Show("Invalid username or password!")   
        End If  
    End Sub  

' Cancel button   
    Private Sub Cancel_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Cancel.Click   
        Me.Close()   
   End Sub  

End Class

Hey Luc001
Thanks this code you posted helped me out a great deal
was working on it for a while and just two lines of your
code opened my eyes.

Thanks again.

thx for the code ! what kind of database did you use ?

Hi,

As you can read in the code example I gave you find this:

Dim con As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source=E:\VBproject\myDB.mdb")

And that says I've used a Access database. ( myDB.mdb )

Hi, Luc001!

I had tried with your codes, it works well. Thank you very much! Here, i need more codes over the database connection issues like successful record updates after the connection is get closed, report generations and all with error handlings.

Hi,

This thread is already 2 years old.
Please start another one and we'll glad to help you with your problem.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
i know this is a two years old thread but i need that codes for my project works. so please help meme.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.