hi,
My problem is i have created a report using Crystal Report and the font-style is Roman 20 cpi. When i preview the report in Crystal Report, the font-style is still Roman 20 cpi but when i view the report using VB.NET the font-style has changed into another font-style. And actually window xp doesn't support this type of font-style but because i'm using the OKI ML 591 printer (dotmatrix), it allows me to have the Roman 20 cpi font-style. So what is happening actually? Is there anything wrong with the Crystal Report or VB.NET? Please help me as soon as possible.

hi,
My problem is i have created a report using Crystal Report and the font-style is Roman 20 cpi. When i preview the report in Crystal Report, the font-style is still Roman 20 cpi but when i view the report using VB.NET the font-style has changed into another font-style. And actually window xp doesn't support this type of font-style but because i'm using the OKI ML 591 printer (dotmatrix), it allows me to have the Roman 20 cpi font-style. So what is happening actually? Is there anything wrong with the Crystal Report or VB.NET? Please help me as soon as possible.

I have run into a similar problem, I was trying to print a report to a Canon iR3300 copy machine/printer and the font looked fine on the screen but when I printed, it was completely unreadable. As it turns out, I believe the problem is with the version of CR that is packaged with .NET, but I couldn't narrow it down exactly. You could try a few things: re-setting all of your text objects to the Roman font, get the latest driver for the printer (or possibly an earlier version), check with Seagate for some updates to the CR version packaged with .NET
Hope that helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.