I use the following commands to save data in my database
MydatabaseBindingSource.EndEdit()
MydatabaseTableAdapter.Update(DBDataSet.mydatabase)
When I enter data in debugging mode, and close the application, it wont keep the data,
But, if I publish my application it will keep the data, is this normal?
My plan is to save the data with my software and retrieve it later on with MS Access, but after publishing, I can't find the data file that contain the information,
Would you please guide me

Appreciate it
Mehdi

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Perhaps when you run your application in debug mode, Visual Stuido make a copy from real .mdb to his debug folder.
So this is why you will find your database empty at every debug.
You should make a resource folder in your project and add the .mdb to your project. With this method you will find anytime your database.

Perhaps when you run your application in debug mode, Visual Stuido make a copy from real .mdb to his debug folder.
So this is why you will find your database empty at every debug.
You should make a resource folder in your project and add the .mdb to your project. With this method you will find anytime your database.

Thanks for reply,
Even if I open the .mdb in my resource folder it is empty.
But the most important one is that i want to modify the file after I published the software, but I can’t find the .mdb
This is what I did:
I published it, and then copied it to another computer, I added data thru my software and I could see all the data thru my software but I when I open the.mdb deploy file it was empty!
Where would it be saved?!

Do you mean you published your application with ClickOnce?

In this case your program, and database of course is in the Documents and Settings/Current user/ somewhere hided :-)
You can search the database with windows search...

Hi friends

I think yo should open the database and check the connection. Other wise check the MDB database driver is compatible with your PC.
Joseph
PHR

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.