i hv 8 movies to select in my list but i show only 2 for example.

Public Class frmSelect

Dim currenttotal As Integer

Private Sub listPlaying_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lstPlaying.SelectedIndexChanged

If lstPlaying.SelectedIndex = 0 Then        'If the first movie is selected
            grpOverview.Visible = True              'Make the info groupbox visible
            grpCart.Visible = True                  'Make the cart groupbox visible
            lblClickshowtime.Visible = False        'Label disappears as groupbox appears
            lblStartadding.Visible = False          'Label disappears as groupbox appears
            picMovie.Image = My.Resources.bridewars 'Changes the image to the movie pic
            lblmovie.Text = "Bride War"            'Changes label text to the movie's name
            lblRelease.Text = "January 9, 2009"     'Changes label text to the release date
            lblRating.Text = "PG"                   'Changes label text to movie rating
            lblGenre.Text = "Comedy"                'Changes label text to movie genre
            lbllength.Text = "1hr 30min"            'Change label text to movie length
            'Change label text to show synopsis
            lblSynopsis.Text = "Two best friends become rivals when they schedule their respective weddings on the same day."
            lblShow1.Text = "03:00 pm"              'Change showtime for the label
            lblShow2.Text = "05:30 pm"              'Change showtime for the label
            lblShow3.Text = "08:15 pm"              'Change showtime for the label
            lblShow4.Text = "10:20 pm"              'Change showtime for the label

ElseIf lstPlaying.SelectedIndex = 1 Then    'If the second movie is selected
            grpOverview.Visible = True              'Make the info groupbox visible
            grpCart.Visible = True                  'Make the cart groupbox visible
            lblClickshowtime.Visible = False        'Label disappears as groupbox appears
            lblStartadding.Visible = False          'Label disappears as groupbox appears
            picMovie.Image = My.Resources.antoofighter2 'Changes the image to the movie pic
            lblmovie.Text = "antoofighter"        'Changes label text to the movies name
            lblRelease.Text = "January 16, 2009"    'Changes label text to the release date
            lblRating.Text = "U"                   'Changes label text to movie rating
            lblGenre.Text = "Horror, Comedy"        'Changes label text to movie genre
            lbllength.Text = "1hr 54min"            'Change label text to movie length
            'Change label text to show synopsis
            lblSynopsis.Text = "Antoofighter is a top secret group consisting of 5 chosen people on earth to protect the world from evil spirits every 60 years."
            lblShow1.Text = "12:45 am"              'Change showtime for the label
            lblShow2.Text = "01:00 pm"              'Change showtime for the label
            lblShow3.Text = "04:15 pm"              'Change showtime for the label
            lblShow4.Text = "06:00 pm"              'Change showtime for the label

This is my method to add new items using access.But can't run
For the add code

Private Sub btnAdd_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAdd.Click

if btnAdd = &add Then
picMovie.Image ='' My.Resources.'' 
lblmovie.Text = " "           
lblRelease.Text = " "     
lblRating.Text = " "                   
lblGenre.Text = " "                
lbllength.Text = " "            
lblSynopsis.Text = " "
lblShow1.Text = " "              
lblShow2.Text = " "             
lblShow3.Text = " "             
lblShow4.Text = " "
Addnew

End Sub

Welcome to the DaniWeb. Your code is incomplete. where is your access (database) code? Are you familiar with ADO.NET class library? If so then use methods of System.Data.Oledb or System.Data.Odbc namespace's classes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.