Hello. I've programmed in VB for ages, but just started dealing with databases and VB.net. The problem I am having is related to a menustrip item. I used the data source wizard to add a database to my application, and did the drag-and-drop thing to put the details on my form. It worked great! I have the binding navigator at the top, and the labeled textboxes on my form. When I click on the button controls on the binding navigator for First, Previous, Next and Last record, it works great, pulling in the data and filing the textboxes.

My problem is, trying to do this with a menu. I want to have the same capabilities from the menu as I have on the binding navigator. I have been looking for how to do this and keep coming up blank. I have tried (among other things) the following:

Private Sub LastRecordToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
        ' move to the last record in the table
        ' Me.TblAssetsBindingSource.MoveLast()

' the above did not work..........
   ' so I tried to fire off the event for when the button on the
   '   binding navigator was clicked.... didn't work
        ' Me.TblAssetsBindingNavigator.MoveLastItem.PerformClick()

' the above didn't work... so I tried a different way
        Me.BindingNavigatorMoveLastItem.Checked = True
   ' the above did not work..........

End Sub

I must be missing some step somewhere, but I can't find it. I have looked for a way to bind data to the menustip control, but couldn't find one.

What am I missing??

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Garry

What am I missing?

Please post complete code. Wrap programming code within posts in code blocks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.