Hi everyone,

i'm new in VB.NET. I tried some sample program using Visual Studio .NET 2005.
I just add new data source (which is MS Access file) to my VB Windows program. I used Data Source Windows to create database objects on the form. But after i debug, i can't see any fields from my database on my VB Design Form. (It has no error /warnings).

How can i make it well?
If anyone who wants to help such as new beginner,??? Thanks in advance. :) :)

Hi everyone,

i'm new in VB.NET. I tried some sample program using Visual Studio .NET 2005.
I just add new data source (which is MS Access file) to my VB Windows program. I used Data Source Windows to create database objects on the form. But after i debug, i can't see any fields from my database on my VB Design Form. (It has no error /warnings).

How can i make it well?
If anyone who wants to help such as new beginner,??? Thanks in advance. :) :)

You created a new datasource , which refers to your access db , dragged and dropped a table from the datasource window but you can't see any field on your windows forms designer
database fields won't appear in the toolbox window on the left , only in the datasource window , in order to have them in your form you have multiple options , one of them is to highlight the table you need , drag and drop it in your form , VB will autogenerate a binding source , dataset , tableadaptor , a datagridview and a navigator for you to display table data , one other option is to create fields manually (textboxes for example ) and then drag each table field from datasource window to the desired control on your form , that is if you don't want to assign databindings programmatically

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.