HELLo !!
pls, i need help
i have a VB.net application developed in MS Development Enviroment 2003 v.71.3088, with crystal reports in it, developed with Crystal Decisions for Visual Studio.net. so, reports are coded in the application, and deployed as part of the code , like this;

Dim report As New ZbirnoNovo
report.RecordSelectionFormula = "{tblUNOS.datum} In #" & startDate & "# To #" & endDate & "# "
report.SetParameterValue("paramp", mjesec)
report.SetParameterValue("pp", godina)
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = report

it works fine on win 2000, win 2000server, and xp pro operating systems, but on win 98se machine it cant open crystal report. I installed dotnetfx and mdac 2.8, but i do not know what else do i need to make it work ???? Any sugestions?? i put ATL.msm in the deployment project, as well....nothing helps....
PLS, PLS, HELP!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Are you getting an error message? Or is the report just not loading?

have you step through the code to see what is being passed?

Has the location of the report changed from where it resided in the Windows 2000 case? i.e. the exactly UNC lcoation.

:)
there is no error message, i deployed application on XP machine and i can install it on win 98. but when i run it, everything goes ok, until i open one form with the crystal report viewer on it -> it just does not load the report. the report is at the same location on every comp, i checked that....stepping through the code..yeah, well..i can't do that, 'cause i do not have visual studio.net on the win98 comp, so i can only run the installed version of the my application....

I am using vb.net 2003 along with Crystal Reports v.11. My app runs great on XP machines, but when running my app on Win 98, the reports simply don't load. Is this a simple incompatibility with Win 98 or does anyone know of a solution to this problem??? This is becoming an urgent issue for me. Thanks for any help at all! :rolleyes:

I am using vb.net 2003 along with Crystal Reports v.11. My app runs great on XP machines, but when running my app on Win 98, the reports simply don't load. Is this a simple incompatibility with Win 98 or does anyone know of a solution to this problem??? This is becoming an urgent issue for me. Thanks for any help at all! :rolleyes:

Having the same problem here. Any solution? Please adive.

Yeah, .NET Apps hate windows 98

The biggest problem I am having now is how to make CR XI to work with win98 or winME. :S

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.