I am really confused! My program doesnt work if I dont have visual studio here in my pc. To test it I have uninstalled visual studio. But my program doesnt work though flash player is present there(I have used flash animation in first form). To be more sure about it I have installed Flash. But its not working! That means flash animation file(.swf) is not making problem! It needs support from visual studio to start. Doesnt it mean that some files are not attached with setup file as a result it needs visual studio to run? Let me tell you how do I create setup file of my program.

Project>WindowsApplication1 properties>Compile>Advance compile option>Target CPU : AnyCPU Target framework(all configurations): .NET Framework 3.5>OK

File>Add>New Project>Other Project Types>Setup and Deployment>Setup Project>OK

Setup>Properties>Prerequisites>Select Create setup program to install prerequisite components & Windows Installer 3.1 & .NET Framework 3.5 & Download prerequisites from the same location as my application>OK>Apply>OK

Setup>View>File system> Select Application folder of File System on Target Machine>Add>Project output>Primary output>Configuration>Active>OK>Message will be shown "Microsoft Visual Studio> "The following files may have dependencies that cannot be determined automatically. Please confirm that all dependencies have been added to the project. d:\windows\speech\vtext.dll d:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash10i.ocx d:\windows\system32msadodc.ocx d:\windows\system32mshflxgd.ocx>OK 

Application Folder will get files

Application Folder>Add>FileWindowsApplication1>bin>Debug>Animation.swf>Open

Application Folder will get Animation.swf file

Application Folder>Add>FileWindowsApplication1>bin>Debug>CrystalReport1 CrystalReport2 CrystalReport3 CrystalReport4 CrystalReport5 CrystalReport6>Open

Application Folder will get CrystalReport1 2 3 4 5 & 6 files

Application Folder>Select Primary output from SUIMT(Active)>Create shortcut to Primary output from SUIMT (Active)

Application Folder> Select that shortcut file & bring it to User`s desktop Folder

User`s Programs Menu>Create Folder(Use program`s name as folder`s name)

Application Folder> Create another shortcut & bring it to User`s Programs Menu>Folder(program`s name as folder`s name)

Build>Build Solution

Build>Build Setup

Is it wrong way? If not then why does my program need visual studio to run? Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed?

Also

" The following files may have dependencies that cannot be determined automatically. Please confirm that all dependencies have been added to the project. d:\windows\speech\vtext.dll d:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash10i.ocx d:\windows\system32msadodc.ocx d:\windows\system32mshflxgd.ocx>OK "

As the message says, make sure you have all your dependencies add to your project.

I have a similar issue with crystal reports applications...

I know how to check for missing dependencies, but how to find those dependencies an add them before compile?

why visual basic compiled program not working where visual studio is not installed?

There are two ways to run a program created in vb.Net. One is to run it directly from the bin folder somewhere deep in the bowels of your project folder. This is the executable that runs when you run it from inside Visual Studio. The second way is to create an install package which is what you would do if you wanted to distribute the program to other computers that do not have Visual Studio installed. When you create the installer package you identify which components must be distributed in order for the program to run on the target system. Instructions on how to create this package can be found here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.