I'd like to print preview and print 3 tab pages from a windows form. Below is my code. I was able to get it to work if it's only one tab. but not 3 tab pages.

Imports System.IO
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports System.Drawing
Imports System.Drawing.Printing

Public Class Results

Dim bmp As System.Drawing.Bitmap
    Dim bmp1 As System.Drawing.Bitmap
    Dim bmp2 As System.Drawing.Bitmap

Private Sub PrintToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles PrintToolStripMenuItem.Click

PrintDialog1.Document = PrintDocument1 'PrintDialog associate with PrintDocument.
        If PrintDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK Then
            PrintDocument1.Print()
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub PrintPreviewToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles PrintPreviewToolStripMenuItem.Click

PrintPreviewDialog1.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized
        PrintPreviewDialog1.Document = PrintDocument1
        PrintPreviewDialog1.Document.DefaultPageSettings.Landscape = True
        PrintPreviewDialog1.ShowDialog()

' Preview.
    End Sub

Private Sub PrintDocument1_PrintPage(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PrintDocument1.PrintPage

bmp = New Bitmap(Me.TabControl1.TabPages(0).Width, Me.TabControl1.TabPages(0).Height)
        Me.TabControl1.TabPages(0).DrawToBitmap(bmp, Me.TabControl1.TabPages(0).ClientRectangle)

bmp1 = New Bitmap(Me.TabControl1.TabPages(1).Width, Me.TabControl1.TabPages(1).Height)
        Me.TabControl1.TabPages(1).DrawToBitmap(bmp1, Me.TabControl1.TabPages(1).ClientRectangle)

bmp2 = New Bitmap(Me.TabControl1.TabPages(2).Width, Me.TabControl1.TabPages(2).Height)
        Me.TabControl1.TabPages(2).DrawToBitmap(bmp2, Me.TabControl1.TabPages(2).ClientRectangle)

e.Graphics.DrawImage(bmp, 20, 20)

e.HasMorePages = True

e.Graphics.DrawImage(bmp1, 20, 20)

e.HasMorePages = True

e.Graphics.DrawImage(bmp2, 20, 20)

e.HasMorePages = False

'bmp.Dispose()
        'bmp1.Dispose()
        'bmp2.Dispose()

End Sub

End Class

Can anybody tell me what can I do to make it work? also if there's an entirely different way to do this please do share. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for Unhnd_Exception

Didn't waste the ink testing it but should do what you want.

Problem with your above is you were drawing the images at the same location. 20,20
They were just overlapping.

Private Sub PrintDocument1_PrintPage(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Drawing.Printing.PrintPageEventArgs) Handles PrintDocument1.PrintPage
        'keep a static index to reference if the process has more pages.
        Static index As Integer

'Keep track of the Line Y postition to determine if there are more pages
        Dim CurrentYPosition As Integer = e.MarginBounds.Top

For i = index To TabControl1.TabPages.Count - 1
            'Create a bitmap to the size of the current tab page and draw the
            'current tab page to it.
            Dim TabBitmap As New Bitmap(TabControl1.TabPages(i).Width, TabControl1.TabPages(i).Height)
            TabControl1.TabPages(i).DrawToBitmap(TabBitmap, New Rectangle(Point.Empty, TabBitmap.Size))

'Draw the tab image at the margin left and the current y position
            e.Graphics.DrawImage(TabBitmap, New Point(e.MarginBounds.X, CurrentYPosition))

'Add the current tab page height to the line position
            CurrentYPosition += TabBitmap.Height

'Shit can the tab image.
            TabBitmap.Dispose()
            TabBitmap = Nothing

'If the next tab page will not fit on the current page then there
            'are more pages.
            If i < TabControl1.TabPages.Count - 2 AndAlso CurrentYPosition - TabControl1.TabPages(i + 1).Height > e.MarginBounds.Bottom Then
                'the next page won't fit.
                index = i +1
                e.HasMorePages = True
                Exit Sub
            End If

Next

'All done reset the static index.
        index = 0
    End Sub

Hi,
Thanks a lot for posting solution.

I though have another issue here. The tab page I have has a scroll bar as the number of controls on the tab page is more than the display area. Now, the requirement is to print all the controls on the tab page even though they are hidden.

Is it possible to achieve this? How will we enhance the code posted in this thread to fix the issue to show hidden controls?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Regards,
MG

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.