Hello, im trying to convert an old vb project from 2008 to 2010. Ive tried using vb 2010's convert wizard aswell as changing the .sln file manually. When i try to convert the project automatically using the wizard it gives me an error saying that the project type is not supported. Does anybody know a solution to converting my 2008 project to 2010?

Thank You.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

>Does anybody know a solution to converting my 2008 project to 2010?

Do not change .sln file manually. Open VS2010 and then Select File + Open Project. VS2010 will show you a project convert wizard.

>Does anybody know a solution to converting my 2008 project to 2010?

Do not change .sln file manually. Open VS2010 and then Select File + Open Project. VS2010 will show you a project convert wizard.

if you read my first post you will see that i did try that, but there are errors saying that the project is unsupported?

Hi,

When you first open up a project written in VS 2008 inside VS 2010 it will normaly prompt you to upgrade the project. What this actually does is update the project (.vbproj) and solution .(sln) files to be compatible with VS 2010.

Did you tryed that?

Hi,

When you first open up a project written in VS 2008 inside VS 2010 it will normaly prompt you to upgrade the project. What this actually does is update the project (.vbproj) and solution .(sln) files to be compatible with VS 2010.

Did you tryed that?

from my first post...

Ive tried using vb 2010's convert wizard aswell as changing the .sln file manually.

the conversion wizard gives me an error saying the project (.vbproj) type is not supported by this installation.

C:\ISDAPPS\vb\Conveyor Program\testpda\Copy of testPDa_12_30_08_Original\testPDa\testPDa.vbproj : error  : The project file 'C:\ISDAPPS\vb\Conveyor Program\testpda\Copy of testPDa_12_30_08_Original\testPDa\testPDa.vbproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

so i cannot convert the project because of this error. i tried manually. anyway to get rid of it?

well i have gone back to vb 2008.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.