I created a Security Log On that starts when i turn the computer On.Like the Windows Log On.
I managed to disable alt+F4, alt+tab, window key, ctrl+esc, but i have only one problem disabling the task manager or the CTRl+Alt+Delete Button, is there a way or any codes to disable this? im using VB.net 2005.

Thanks in Advance. .

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can kill the Process as soon as it starts.
1 Timer

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Timer1.Start()
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        For Each selProcess As Process In Process.GetProcesses
            If selProcess.ProcessName = "taskmgr" Then
                selProcess.Kill()
                Exit For
            End If
        Next
    End Sub
End Class

Set the registry key to this value:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr = dword:1

Set the registry key to this value:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr = dword:1

From online sources and viewing my registry on Windows7, I believe that specified registry key is only for Windows XP, 2000, and maybe a few other systems, but not for Vista and Windows7.

@codeorder
is that all? or i'll set time to disable it, im sorry im still not familiar with the the time event just starting in vb.net

its not working :((

@codeorder
is that all? or i'll set time to disable it, im sorry im still not familiar with the the time event just starting in vb.net

If you close the Form with the Timer on it, it will stop disabling the TaskManager, otherwise it will keep shutting it down as long as your app. is running.
.This was tested in Windows7, but if you load TaskManager in any other windows system, I believe it will be the same, but you can always replace If selProcess.ProcessName = "taskmgr" Then to ="your taskmanger name here".

It will NOT disable the Ctrl+Alt+Del from loading that screen that asks you to:
.Lock this computer
.Switch User
.Start Task Manager

But it will shut down the TaskManager if it loaded while your app. runs.

Thank ou So Much :)

Use capital T..... I tried it....
the actual thing is just run your task manager and see the actual filename of the taskmanager....
I use windows 8.1 and the name here is "Taskmgr".

and better put the interval of timer to 1... :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.