I use the splash screen of the vb.net found on windows form.Is there a way that i could put an initializing while my splash screen is running?like other programs do instead of progress bar. thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Yes you can. You could use a label to do the trick and a timer. I always prefer designing my own splash screen for purpose of clarity and easy manipulation

do you have any samples?i could look at?im still new in .net

Public Class Splash

Private Sub Splash_FormClosed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosedEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosed

Library.Show()

End Sub

Private Sub Splash_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

'Application title
        If My.Application.Info.Title <> "" Then
            lblTitle.Text = My.Application.Info.Title
        Else
            'If the application title is missing, use the application name, without the extension
            lblTitle.Text = System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(My.Application.Info.AssemblyName)
        End If

'    Version.Text = System.String.Format(Version.Text, My.Application.Info.Version.Major, My.Application.Info.Version.Minor, My.Application.Info.Version.Build, My.Application.Info.Version.Revision)

lblVersion.Text = String.Format("Version {0}", My.Application.Info.Version.ToString)

'Copyright info
        lblCopyright.Text = My.Application.Info.Copyright

With Me
            .Icon = Library.Icon
            .Text = "Library Management System"
        End With

End Sub

Public Sub New()

' This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.
        InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

Me.Opacity = 0  'form is invincible as startup

End Sub

Private Sub tmrSplash_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tmrSplash.Tick

Me.Opacity += 0.01
        If Me.Opacity = 1 Then
            tmrSplash.Enabled = False
            Library.Show()
            Me.Dispose() 'close the splash screen 

End If

End Sub

Private Sub pnlSplash_Paint(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles pnlSplash.Paint

End Sub
End Class

where is the timer here?

thanks i will try this i will keep in touch with you if ever i encounter error

by the way i want to change the copyright where i can change the this copyright?

My.Application.Info.Copyright

where is the timer here?

its obvious you did not go through the code

by the way i want to change the copyright where i can change the this copyright?

My.Application.Info.Copyright

check your application properties

i understand how your code runs but im asking how to change the copyright..i know it is a default copyright it looks like this - Copyright © Student 2011- i want to change in to my own copyright.how?

and by the way the splash screen does not show up..it open directly to the main form

i followed your instruction i create a new form called splash but it did not show up when i tried to run it.where did i go wrong?

i understand how your code runs but im asking how to change the copyright..i know it is a default copyright it looks like this - Copyright © Student 2011- i want to change in to my own copyright.how?

> Right click on the project name in the solution explorer
> select properties
> on the Application tab, click Assembly Information
> change the copyright text to what you want
> click ok to acceot changes

The code picks all info displayed on the splash screen from the Assembly Information

thanks i already got it..by the way me.opacity = 0 does not make the form visible in running i change to another value it shows up but no initialization happens..

in this code here

Public Sub New()

' This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.
InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

Me.Opacity = 0 'form is invincible as startup

End Sub

what is the use InitializeComponent()? and the public sub new. i need more clarifications on this.

thanks for the posts..i already figured it out..my friend msdn clarify it to me.its a simple trick using pgrogress bar while initializing. i will post my code if someone will ask for it.^_^

thanks for the posts..i already figured it out..my friend msdn clarify it to me.its a simple trick using pgrogress bar while initializing. i will post my code if someone will ask for it.^_^

Dont wait till someone asks for it, post your code and mark thread as solved so questions dont repeat themselves unnecessarily.

Its a learning process

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.