i have a combobox and few textboxes in Form1.
i inserted new item into combobox by entering new item in one of the textbox.
i manage to add item into combobox in Form 1.
But how can i achieve if the item i added in Form1 to be inserted automatically into Form2 combobox as well after the operation in Form1. How can i achieve that?

i am using vb and mysql as database

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Me.ComboBox1.Items.Add("Form1")
Form2.ComboBox1.Items.Add("Form1")

thanks for the reply.
it works, but then it only insert into the combobox during runtime, and when i execute it again, it wont appear for the second time..
how should i insert into the mysql database so that it will exist for the next execution and exist in my database?
i am a beginner ..
thanks in advane :)

>>how should i insert into the mysql database so that it will exist for the next execution and exist in my database?
That is an entirely new question and since I'm Not a db(database) coder, I have no idea on how exactly someone would save and load items from mySql. Before starting a new thread, try searching this forum first.

AndAlso, glad I could help.:)

Me.ComboBox1.Items.Add("Form1")
Form2.ComboBox1.Items.Add("Form1")

Due you have any idea that Is this type of access working in java also?

(clears throat)
.Did you just say Java in a vb.noob forum? Misspelled the question also? Want a cookie?, cause I thing JavaScript can do that just fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.