I'm having some trouble sharing my application to other PC users. I have tried to Build my application and Publish my application into a folder, zip it, and put it on my website for people to download, but when they try to run the setup file it gives an error message saying they need to download "Mysql.Data V 6.4.4.0", which makes sense seeing how I have a resource that uses this. Do I need to use a different method to pack my application or what? I don't quite understand how I can incorporate this into the files so the end-user doesn't need to do any other downloading than my file.

Thanks in advance,

Maggoteer

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I've been told that Express editions aren't good for publishing. they're more of a learning tool...

I assume you have "MySQL Connector Net" installed on your machine.
So either you create a setup project and add this to your pre-requirements OR you copy the MySql.Data.dll to your project, set its build action to none and also set it to "copy always".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.