I just dragged a menustrip from the tool box and put in some text like "File" and on the drop down menu is "Event Registration" text. I dont know the codes for the menu strip on how to link it to another form. I've already created a form named Eventregistration.vb

Is there way to this?

When I doubleclick the "Event Registration" from the drop down menu all I get is this code.

Public Class Form1

Private Sub ExitToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ExitToolStripMenuItem.Click

End Sub

Private Sub OpenFormToolStripMenuItem1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles OpenFormToolStripMenuItem1.Click

End Sub
End Class

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Try This :

Private Sub OpenFormToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles OpenFormToolStripMenuItem.Click
        Dim NewForm As New Form1
        NewForm.Show()
    End Sub

hello !
use this code to open another form , on the click event

formEventRegistration.show ()

Regards

Ahhh yes! the codes were all working. Though before I had to to work I somehow found out that I was using the wrong type of form. :) Still this was helpful thanks guys. :)

Am stuck in the same problem.couldn't find how to fix yet.:(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.