Hello All,

Actually I am facing issue in creating an ASP.net application.

I have created a project in VB.net but now my seniors are saying that the code should be in ASP.net and it is taking hell lot of time for code conversion, designing and all other stuff.

Actually I am not able to get all the functions and properties in ASP.Net since I had been working in ASP.Net for a long time.

Is there any simple way of code conversion...any tool or such?

Thanks in Advance.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Actually I need to convert vb.net code to Asp.Net

I am confused at your question, because I use vb.net in asp.net..

can you give me some sample code of yours?

Are you wanting to convert to ASP with VB.net or ASP with C#?

There are two different code languages that drive ASP.net.

Are you wanting to convert to ASP with VB.net or ASP with C#?

There are two different code languages that drive ASP.net.

Yup you are right, asp.net can use vb.net and c#, maybe what he was trying to ask is from windows app to asp.net.. because asp.net is just a framework that could use different oop languages..

Yup you are right, asp.net can use vb.net and c#, maybe what he was trying to ask is from windows app to asp.net.. because asp.net is just a framework that could use different oop languages..

Let me explain...

Few months ago I had started with a project in VB.Net i.e. Windows Framework but now my Manager is saying that he dont want VB.Net instead he want the project to be in ASP.net and I am not finding it easy to code is ASP.Net.

So I was just asking whether is there any tool that will convert my VB.Net coding to ASP.Net.

The new ASP application u designed is having code behind files as vb.net or c#? If vb.net is ur option u need not to convert any code. u can use the code which u wrote for windows app.

The new ASP application u designed is having code behind files as vb.net or c#? If vb.net is ur option u need not to convert any code. u can use the code which u wrote for windows app.

Yup, for asp.net is a framework..
While the code behind this framework can be vb.net or c#..

Let me explain...

Few months ago I had started with a project in VB.Net i.e. Windows Framework but now my Manager is saying that he dont want VB.Net instead he want the project to be in ASP.net and I am not finding it easy to code is ASP.Net.

So I was just asking whether is there any tool that will convert my VB.Net coding to ASP.Net.

try to read this link.. maybe it'll help you ..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/412763/convert-windows-forms-application-into-asp-net

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.