In sql server , my query brings out more than one row of data

SELECT * FROM TABLE 1 WHERE COLUMN LIKE 'PARAMETER' 

Now i am trying to make it in a dtagrid that the datagrid shows allpossible rows that is supposed to show .This is the code

Dim objCommand As New SqlCommand("SELECT * FROM Pricelist WHERE [SECURITY] ='" & Me.cboCompany.SelectedItem & "'", objConnection)
                Dim Reader As SqlDataReader = objCommand.ExecuteReader()

While Reader.Read

Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(0).Value = Reader("COMPANY ID").ToString
                    Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(1).Value = Reader("SYMBOL").ToString
                    Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(2).Value = Reader("SECURITY").ToString
                    Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(3).Value = Reader("OPENING PRICE").ToString
                    Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(4).Value = Reader("CLOSING PRICE").ToString
                    Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(5).Value = Reader("PUBDATE").ToString
                    Me.dtgCompanyPriceList.Rows(0).Cells(6).Value = Reader("DESCRIPTION").ToString

End While

Reader.Close()
                objCommand.Dispose()

so anyway to make multiple rows to show will be appreciated thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

to display data in the datagrid use the below code and then call the method with datagridview
Note- in select query call only the fields that u want to display in your datagridview1

Public Function GetData() As DataView
        'open connection
        Dim SelectQry = "SELECT * FROM Pricelist WHERE [SECURITY] ='" & Me.cboCompany.SelectedItem & "'"
        Dim SampleSource As New DataSet
        Dim TableView As DataView
        Try
            Dim SampleCommand As New SqlCommand()
            Dim SampleDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter()
            SampleCommand.CommandText = SelectQry
            SampleCommand.Connection = Connection
            SampleDataAdapter.SelectCommand = SampleCommand
            SampleDataAdapter.Fill(SampleSource)
            TableView = SampleSource.Tables(0).DefaultView
        Catch ex As Exception
            Debug.Print("Exception: ")
            Throw ex
        End Try
       'close connection
        Return TableView
    End Function

and when calling datagrid write the following code like in button click or form load event...

Datagridview1.DataSource = GetData()

Hope this helps you

Thanks it worked

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.