GOOD MORNING GUYS ,, DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO HIDE THE BOX APPEARING IN THE PICTUREBOX IN VB ? MY PROBLEM IS ONCE I PUT BACKGROUND IMAGE IN THE FORM TOGETHER WITH THE PICTURE INSIDE THE PICTUREBOX .. AND WHEN I RUN THE PROGRAM THERE'S A BOX APPEARING BEHIND THE PICTURE , I AM MAKING A GAME SIR/MAAM AND I AM USING RANDOM FOR POSITION PURPOSES BUT THE PROBLEM IS IT SEEMS TO UGLY THAT THERE'S A BOX APPEARING BEHIND ON MY PICTUREBOX .. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM ??? HOW TO HIDE THIS ??? ****

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

There should not be a box behide the picture box. Are you sure that you do not have a image smaller than the size of the picturebox and that the PictureBox.SizeMode is not set to centerimage? Try setting the size mode to "Zoom" and see if the box goes away.

i already autosize the picture and change the background to transparent but still theres a box appearing behind my picture when i run the program .. i already edited the picture to adobe but really there's a box joining my picturebox , i used random for changing position purposes and when it change for other positions a box is appearing behind the picture .. i will try this one if it works ^^ tnx..-_-

Correction. I should have suggested "StrechImage" instead of "Zoom".

Is the picture in your PictureBox also in the background image of your Form ? If so, your PictureBox should be exactly on top of it.

no mam/sir . i used different photos from my picturebox and background image ... i already follow the suggestion of tntimn ,to change the size mode into stretch image but still there's a box appearing behind my picturebox when i run the program .. is it possible that the problem is with the type of file of my image .. i tried gif , jpg, and png .. and i also edited the jpg image and change it into gif file but still theres a box appearing together with the picturebox, whats the problem with this cause i am making a game sir/mam just using random for the changing of position of my picturebox but it looks too ugly that theres a box appearing together with the picturebox ?? can u help me with this tnx.

It just occured to me that you may be referring to the "PictureBox.Border". Is the Border property set = none?

It would help if you posted a screen shot of the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.