Dim POP3 As New TcpClient
    Dim Read_Stream As StreamReader
    Dim NetworkS_tream As NetworkStream
    Dim m_sslStream As SslStream '<---this part needs changed
    Dim server_Command As String
    Dim Parts() As String
    Dim m_buffer() As Byte
    Dim StatResp As String

Private Sub Label1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Label1.Click
        Me.Close()
    End Sub

Private Sub Label2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Label2.Click

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Label2.Parent = PictureBox1
        Label2.BringToFront()
        Label2.BackColor = Color.Transparent

Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor
        POP3.Connect(PopHost, Integer.Parse(PortNm))
        Login()
        Cursor = Cursors.Default

End Sub

Sub Login()
        NetworkS_tream = POP3.GetStream()
            m_sslStream = New SslStream(NetworkS_tream) '<-- and all this part with the m_sslStream stuff
            m_sslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(PopHost)'<-- and all this part with the m_sslStream stuff
            Read_Stream = New StreamReader(m_sslStream)'<-- and all this part with the m_sslStream stuff
            ListBox1.Items.Add(Read_Stream.ReadLine())'<-- and all this part with the m_sslStream stuff

server_Command = "USER " + UserName + vbCrLf
            m_buffer = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(server_Command.ToCharArray())
            m_sslStream.Write(m_buffer, 0, m_buffer.Length)'<--and all this part with the m_sslStream stuff
            ListBox1.Items.Add(Read_Stream.ReadLine())

server_Command = "PASS " + Password + vbCrLf
            m_sslStream.Write(m_buffer, 0, m_buffer.Length)'<--and all this part with the m_sslStream stuff

'Send STAT command to get information ie: number of mail and size
            server_Command = "STAT " + vbCrLf
            StatResp = ListBox1.Items(3).ToString

'Get Messages count
            Dim server_Stat(2) As String
            server_Stat = StatResp.Split(" ")
            Label2.Text = server_Stat(1)
    End Sub

End Class

Using the code above fails because, well my coding sucks, and so does godaddy. That said I know the port 110 is not the SSL port and when I put the proper port there "995" it fails with a certificate error. Most of the code was written to connect to gmail, and well I want to connect to my godaddy pop3 server

What needs to be changed so it doesn't try to authenticate using SSL as the connection stream? I don't need or it seems can use the SSL because when I try I get this "The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure." cry

I just wanted to note that when I plug in my gmail account it works fine with SSL but I really want to use it on my main account without SSL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.