how do i detect the current position in vlc video-playback in vb.net?

Basically as the clip is playing, I want in a label for it to say "02:58/21:35" relating to the current clip being played.

So I'll need to somehow figure out how to detect current position and end position. Does anyone know how to do this?

Code so far:

Public Class Form1
        Dim Paused As Boolean = False
        Dim Started As Boolean = False
        Dim PlayedSecond As Boolean = True
        Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            PlayedSecond = False
            AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.items.clear()
            AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.add("https://vula.uct.ac.za/access/content/group/fe879ca4-927a-4fca-9cc9-33b12c348b37/vids/Lessig-ItIsAboutTimeGettingOurValuesAroundCopyright522.flv")
            AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.play()
            Started = True
        End Sub

Sub playsecond()
                AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.items.clear()
                AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.add("http://lsta2011.wikispaces.com/file/view/Rogue%20Waves.mp4")
                AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.play()
                PlayedSecond = True
                Started = False
        End Sub

Private Sub AxVLCPlugin21_pause(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles AxVLCPlugin21.pause
                Paused = True
        End Sub

Private Sub IsFinished_Tick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles IsFinished.Tick
            If Not AxVLCPlugin21.playlist.isPlaying And Paused = False And Started = True And PlayedSecond = False Then
                playsecond()
                Started = True
            End If
        End Sub

Private Sub AxVLCPlugin21_play(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles AxVLCPlugin21.play
        Paused = False
    End Sub
End Class

Code so far:

There is a property named AXVLC.VLCPlugin.Position that might be of use. I've never used the plugin but I noticed it while browsing the object.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.