Gentlemen,

I have an issue regarding collecting address data from webpage (telephone directory with have name,address,phone, speciality and Map location). I need to do vb.net application that collects all of these data to my application.
The issue i face now is to read extract teh html code to names, Also, to get teh map location , I have to click teh map button for each person to get the coordindates of this location .
How can I implement this in vb.net .

my code I did so for is :

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        getHTML("http://www.140online.com/mClasses/162/%D8%A7%D8%B7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%A1")
    End Sub
    Private myWebResponse As Net.HttpWebResponse
    Private myStream As IO.Stream
    Private myReader As IO.StreamReader
    Private Sub getHTML(ByVal siteURL As String)
        Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor
        Try
            myWebResponse = CType(Net.HttpWebRequest.Create(siteURL).GetResponse, Net.HttpWebResponse)
            myStream = myWebResponse.GetResponseStream()
            myReader = New IO.StreamReader(myStream)
            extractHTML(myReader.ReadToEnd, ListBox1)

myReader.Close()
            myStream.Close()
            myWebResponse.Close()
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox("There was a connection problem.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
        End Try
        Me.Cursor = Cursors.Default
    End Sub
    Private iSi, iEi As Integer, arTemp(), sTemp, sItemToAddToListBox As String
    Private Sub extractHTML(ByVal htmlContent As String, ByVal selListbox As ListBox)

' ??? how to parse it , eg with the HTML agilityPack from Codeplex ?
    End Sub

End Class

Here is a HTML parser that I have seen people reference time and time again. Though I have never used it myself, you might find it usefull in this situation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.