we should create a program that could run through two computers and the computers should be able to access 1 database for record sharing. how can we make that?

we already made the system. the problem is, how can we implement this in a networked way?

thanks in advance. :)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

p.s.
the computers are only rooms apart.

we should create a program that ... how can we make that?

we already made the system

If you already made it, you don't need to learn how to make it, right?

the computers should be able to access 1 database for record sharing

we already made the system

how can we implement this in a networked way?

If your software is running on two different machines and they're sharing a single database, then they are already networked in some way.

Is there something else you need to do over a network besides share a database?

@gusano

well, that is what I want to happen. our system is running. but we don't know how to share a single database within the 2 computers. hmm.. say, computer1 updated the DB. computer2 can also update the same DB computer1 just updated. I heard about the CENTRAL DATABASE. how can we actually make a central database it and access it by different nodes/computers?

our system is running. but we don't know how to share a single database within the 2 computers.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I heard about the CENTRAL DATABASE. how can we actually make a central database it and access it by different nodes/computers?

Normally you'd set up something like MySQL to actually host the database, and use a data access library to take care of the details.

Do you have any specific requirements for the database?

Do you know how to connect and use a database that is on the same computer as the program you need to write? Once you get that going moving the database to a different computer is trivial. It's all in the connection string, just add the IP address of the compute on which the database is located.

Agree to ancient Dragon..

@ancient Dragon.. thanks for the idea. :)

hello, this is an interesting topic, and I'm following, if I plan to do it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.