I used VB6 some years ago and need to buy it again for a new computer.
Is VB.Net the one to buy and is it really free?
I just want to do some programming to create and check puzzles I'm writing.
Gebby

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

You can download Visual Studio Express for free here. This is VS 2013. You can download visual studio express 2012 here

Did you visit to official site?
Click here to visit official website.

You can get all the related information from there...
like free version, register version, minimum requirenment, latest version, you can compare the updates, etc...
So you must visit there, Thank You

I have visited The Site but apart from seeing technical words I do not understand, it seems to think I want to programm apps. Not so, I want to write programms to for my laptop.

You can do that as well. My own preference is to use VS 2012 rather than 2013. I also have no desire to create the Metro style apps, only desktop type programs.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

vb.net is also OOP, a far cry from vb6

So you aren't confused... when you visit the Microsoft site to download Visual Studio Express, based on your description what you want is "Express 201x for Windows", not for Web.

apart from seeing technical words I do not understand,

What didn't you understand?

ok,
then you can do one more thing (this is just an idea for you)
you can go to Torrent site Like: (Piratebay, kickasstorrent) just type the torrent site in google and then type Visual Studio 2012 in torrent search box.
Download it (who having most seed) You have done...
BEST OF LUCK...

you can go to Torrent site Like: (Piratebay, kickasstorrent) just type the torrent site in google and then type Visual Studio 2012 in torrent search box Download it

I'd suggest you go to the source (Microsoft) to download this free software. Downloading from a non-microsoft site or a peer user isnt worth the risk of not downloading legitate, untampered software, in my opinion.

JorgeM

I'd suggest you go to the source (Microsoft) to download this free software. Downloading from a non-microsoft site or a peer user isnt worth the risk of not downloading legitate, untampered software, in my opinion.
Thumb up

Yeah in the before comment I give the link for microsoft but he is confused, and the 2nd reson is that if he may have slow speed he should download the torrent file (specific vip user: as they are just uploading those version that they download, and there you also find max. seed)

@ Gebby
Go to this link: Click Here [ Link for Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate - from official site ]

Just click download and select all three version and then your download will start

Thanks, I'll do as you say.

Read this an figured I should add something. DO NOT FOLLOW DEEPMODI's advice!!! Microsoft never take kindly to people downloading their software from anyone except themselves. People have tried and failed repeatedly. So as a reminder, Microsoft Website Only!

The last thing you want is to be in a legal battle with Microsoft, they have immense power and they often win.

Hope you take this advice.

commented: great advice :) +14
commented: ndeed! +15

Yeah, I just advice in the case if slow download speed...
In the first comment and last comment (excluding this) of mine you will just find microsoft link only... (w.r.t. VS 2012 Ultimate)
No problem, I also know that the download from other pages than of original is not well... ( I too download from microsoft link)

and I already clarify it, in next to comment
Respective Admin: Please delete my post related to other link, I also recognize my mistake by posting it, and I will not like to continue more on that topic as the same thing is repeting in different grammatical sentence...

The Ultimate version is only a trial version of the full program and you will be exprected to pay lots of money to continue using it. Donload the free Visual Studio 2013 Express I think you can get it on DVD if you have a really sloooow internet speed, such as dial up modem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.