Hi everyone,

need some help with outlook. i need to extract information from outlook messages from default folder(inbox) to subfolders(including subfolders of subfolders) but it seems that i'm having problem on calling the folder from the outlook's default pst file. below are the codes i've already tried.

outlookfolder = outlookmapi.Folders(folder_name)
outlookfolder = outlookmapi.Folders("support@domain.com").Folders("domain.com").Folders("Inbox")

is there anything i'm missing. or maybe folder_name is a path in the pst file?
any help or suggestion will be appreciated. XD

thanks in advance.

I am not sure I understand. It seems like you could just start outlook, Hi-lite personal folders and create the folder structure you need. Then Hi-lite inbox and drag the messages from inbox to their respective folders/subfolders>. not sure I understand. It seems like you could just start outlook, Hi-lite personal folders and create the folder structure you need. Then Hi-lite inbox and drag the messages from inbox to their respective folders/subfolders>.

i am automating an outlook here using vb.net and i need to extract items email information from a user chosen folderlist on their outlook default pst.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.