Hello,
I'm currently developing a Chat Application in VB.NET which is similar to MSN Messenger. I need to know the control to use for the message area of the chat window in which the messages sent and recieved will be shown. I tried using the rich text box but it does not support hyperlinks and emoticons......so what control should i use? pls suggest

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The easiest way would prolly be to use a WebBrowser object. :) Otherwise you're looking at a custom control.

commented: good ans. +0

Hello i want to develop a chat application in .net... Can you suggest any Idea to develop the application... (Urgent) plz...

Hello i want to develop a chat application in .net... Can you suggest any Idea to develop the application... (Urgent) plz...

Hi
If you are really interested in building a chat application the likes of yahoo messenger send me an email. We could work together. slimtugo@yahoo.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.