I need to install something called .Net Framework. I have checked several sites on Microsoft and this issue is as clear as mud. There is a file called dotnetfx.exe that is supposed to be able to install the .Net Framework to my Windows 98. (I have an 8K console application written in VB.NET that initiates printing.)

The download site for the dotnetfx.exe file is some 28MB! Can this be right? Do you really need to download 28MB to your computer just to get an 8K exe to run?

Pete

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

.net framework 1.1 is there in microsoft2003 server
incase u want to install in win 98 than u can find out .net framework in ur CD/DVD
incase of cd the frame work will be in last cd.....

hello brother,
The same problem i am facing. i can't .exe file or get the path on internet which i can download the software of vb.net. i had search many path on internet. i am new to vb.net and i am keen to desire to learn new things. i am interested in making new projects, creativity, designing. i have done bca. and i am from india. and i want to add you as a friend.
kindly reply me

Sumit khera

Yes Brother If you have created an application using .Net Framework than you are required to install the .Net Framework on the target machine to rut that application.

give me the path by which i can download the vb.net software. if you the .exe file than send me

where r u from
i am from delhi, india

I m from Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh)

You can download the latest version of the .Net framework from Microsoft. This will install the 3.5 & 2.0 versions of the framework. If you developed your program using version 1.0 then I won't promise it will work on this framework without tweaking.

hoe to run vb.net .exe on other computer on which can not install visual studio...

Depending on the .NET Framework you designed your application with, if it is designed in vb.net, then as deepdotnet mentioned, you will need the .NET Framework installed on the foreign computer.
View the following links for the 2.0 and 1.1 .NET Frameworks.
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

I have not had any use to install a .NET Framework on any foreign computers for running my applications, so I do not know for certain that the above links will fix the problem.

The best suggestion I can offer is that you should always have the .NET Framework along with your software, possibly on a CD.

sumit.khera's reply of "give me the path by which i can download the vb.net software", if understood correctly, you can download Visual Basic.Net from the following link.
http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/
Otherwise, if the reply was towards locating the .NET Frameworks, i hope my previously posted links are of use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.