hi
i am working with a inventory project. i want to use Bar code reader. but i don't know how to use bar code reader. please some one help me how can i read from bar code reader and how can i use bar code reader to my project.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Attach the keyboard into your barcode reader and plug it in the keyboard port...

It will act as a standard input device (like your kb)...

To test:

Create new project and add a textbox in your form...Scan a barcode, you will notice that with no code(s) added, the value of the barcode will appear in the textbox...

hth..

you need to connect the device and capture the input.

after that processing is same as input from a normal keyboard.

Hi,
when barcode reader was installed in the system and when you tried to read the value the value will be automatically filled in the control when the cursor is placed in text box control.
for example if you had 3 text boxes and when you placed the cursor in text2 then and when you scan the object using barcode reader then the text2 will filss with te value same as text 1 and 3 also.
there is no need to use any function or any thing to read the values.

how to read barcode scan data directly from visual basic 6 form

Please do not hijack others threads .

Start a new thread to post your own question if you have any.

can u give me a driver of barcode scanner?

Most of the barcode scanners are plug and play devices and you do not need any extra driver to install. If you need one contact the vendor whose scanner/device you are using.

ouh its very diffcult
hehehe
no u must see how ur barcode send data 2 computer
all of bar code send data in 3 way keyboard,serial,usb
if keyboard after read bar code send the bar code value like press the code on keyboard
if serial send data on serial port
if usb have a dll or create virtual com or send in keyboard
ur device more important

Can you help me with my Payroll system?

I'm having problem with the Barcode scanner on how to attach it and im using two computers to separate the DTR and the Payroll transaction.

actually, i changed the the idea of having two computers involve in this project. instead of two computers, i choose the barcode scanner to reduce time consuming in typing their id number.

What should i do first when i have the Barcode scanner?

any drivers to be install in this transaction?

please help me to surpass my studies.

thanks alot....:)

Can you help me with my Payroll system?

I'm having problem with the Barcode scanner on how to attach it and im using two computers to separate the DTR and the Payroll transaction.

actually, i changed the the idea of having two computers involve in this project. instead of two computers, i choose the barcode scanner to reduce time consuming in typing their id number.

What should i do first when i have the Barcode scanner?

any drivers to be install in this transaction?

please help me to surpass my studies.

thanks alot....:)

yes u must have a bar code scanner this a device can capture barcode and translate it to the value. if u want to create a bar code and print on the papaer u can searchon google and find some fonts it's match with ur standard.
without bar code scanner u must scan bar code with normal scanner and image proccessing and resolve the value of the code.
so u can buy a bar code scanner around 100$.
if you know how to use serial i suggest buy serial mode b/c its more controlable and simple to use.

You may have been better opening a new thread rather than adding to an existing (and old one).

It all depends how your barcode reader plugs into the computer. If it has a PS2 keyboard connector, you will be able to plug the keyboard into one end of the connector and the other end into the computer.

Then, it is a case of reading the information in like it is being typed in on a keyboard.

If it is a Serial/RS232 connector, you'd be best getting in touch with the manufacturer of the barcode scanner for details - they may be able to provide you with a driver. Else, you could use your friends (Google/Yahoo/Bing etc) and search for "Scanner OPOS" - there should be quite a bit of information around for this.

I've not had much exposure to USB barcode scanners, so it may work like a keyboard (given it has a connector which is also common for modern keyboards), else you may need to go down the route of the Serial/RS232 scanners.

After you have the above sorted, put a textbox into a form, give it focus and scan a barcode and you're away!

cam u please help me to my problem?? can u please give me employee information system with using of bar code scanner? thnx and God bless

they thread is very old, please start your own, however there has been a number of recent posts on barcode scanners it may help to read these first.

I don't understand your question fully. Are you saying that you are going to use two computers or are you migrating from a system installed on two computers to a system installed in just one to develop your payroll system? Yor response will give me basement to help you.

you have to buy a keyboard wedge type of barcode scanner this type of scanner acts like a keyboard. however, there are different types of scanner it depends on you. in order to scan the barcode properly you will have to reprogram it first depends on the manufacturing in order to read the barcode based on how do you want the scanner to do. hope this will give you some idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.