I have a VB6 app that uses access 2007 for the database tables.

I packaged it with the package and deployment wizard and installed it on a Windows XP home edition machine that does not have any MS Office apps.

My program could not open and read the database.

What references do I need to check in the "project references" list?

I have checked;

Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library
Microsoft Office 12.0 access database engine object library
OLE Automation
Visual Basic for Applications
Visual Basic runtime objects and procedures
Visual Basic objects and procedures

Is there something else I need to check?

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi,

I Guess, you also need to add this reference:

Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library
(or later version)

Regards
Veena

Hi,

Along with EXE, Have you copied the Database also..? With P&D Wizard, database is not copied automatically, you need to copy it your self..

Regards
Veena

Hi,

Along with EXE, Have you copied the Database also..? With P&D Wizard, database is not copied automatically, you need to copy it your self..

Regards
Veena

Yes, I added the DB to the package. I'm not using the ADO method to read and write the database. I'm using the DAO - Jet methods, but when I check DAO 3.51 with the Office 12 it says there's a conflict, and when I remove Office 12 and just check DAO 3.51, it won't read the Office 7 version.

I'll try adding the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library

Hi,

I Guess, you also need to add this reference:

Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library
(or later version)

Regards
Veena

It must be something to do with Access 2007. I saved the database as a 2003 type .mdb, and then changed my project to remove references to access 12.0 and referenced DAO360
and recompiled and repackaged and installed it, and it worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.