I have a VB6 program running fine on the machine I wrote it. When I create and exe of the program that works also. If I export the program to another machine I get a 'Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID {00000010-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}' error.

After a bit of research I found here It says that This error occurs when the Visual Basic 6.0 project references the Microsoft Data Access Objects (DAO) 3.6 Object Library (DAO360.dll) and not DAO350.dll. The {00000010-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} CLSID is associated with DAO350.dll.

It goes on to say that to fix it you can resolve this problem by setting the Connect property of the intrinsic Data control to Access 2000, which uses DAO360.dll. Unfortunately I don't appear have that option in my VB6 compiler. So laterally thinking I installed DAO350.dll on the other machine. Now I get a 'Data Access Error' instead!

The .mdb database is installed in the directory the machine is expecting it to be in so I don't think it's because it cant find the file. But why wont it work?

Many thanks for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

try to register the componenet with windows by using REGSVR32 key.

Yes I did register the component and it said it was successful. What else could be missing? I would have thought it was just the DLL

try to create the package using package and deployment wizard to use the application on naother system, instead of simple exe file.

Any luck on this problem? I have the EXACT same problem creating a disty!

I found a solution: run / install MDAC_TYP.EXE

Microsoft Data Access Components 2.0 is the version I used.

No more problems!

Now how do you include this file in a distribution package so it runs????

AHA! I figured it out! I am using Thraex Astrum installer so it may be a solution specific to that. What one needs to do is essential create and installer A that calls another installer B. With Astrum you do the following meta steps:

-1- include mdac_typ.exe file in your install package just like any other file.

-2- then under "INTERACT AND SHELL" you include an interactive operation that runs mdac_typ.exe in the location were you put it. Since I am not sure when the file would be available for run I used the option to run it after everything else is done.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.