I need the source code from an EXE to customize a little. The programmer had died last year who developed it. He did not took backup the code on his PC.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

that is not possible (to reverse engineer the EXE to get the source code).

that is not possible (to reverse engineer the EXE to get the source code).

It's very possible to get the code to the EXE... just not in a visual basic program. They have programs called decompilers (google it). You can decompile code into assembly language, or decompile it (sometimes) into C/C++ (though, good luck reading it based on variable names and what not).

If you want to get the VB Project, or get the code back into VB style... it's not going to happen.

I need the source code from an EXE to customize a little. The programmer had died last year who developed it. He did not took backup the code on his PC.

How big is the program? What is it you want to customize? Which Assembler are you using? Do you want the functionality to change or just titles, logo changes etc? I can guide you if you want to tell me about the exe.

not easialy, no.

i want to change some title . would you plz help me ? my yahoo id is <snipped>. would you plz write me ?

We Keep all the discussion on the forum in case others need your help.... what does the title say now?

How big is the program? What is it you want to customize? Which Assembler are you using? Do you want the functionality to change or just titles, logo changes etc? I can guide you if you want to tell me about the exe.

i need to talk to you . my yahoo id is <snipped>

would you please mail me or give me your address ?

Just post your questions as Comatose suggested.

keep it on site, dont ask for answers by email. check the rules.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.