Hi,

i have installed VC++ 6.0 & Visual Basic 6.0.

I have written a programm in C++ (MFC dialogbased), which use a dll which was written in VB. In this VB - dll i writte the data in a xls-file.

the point is if i run my VC++ programm on my PC, it works, but if i run it on another PC, so if i start the exe from the Debug-folder, it tells me, that the 3 MFC-dll files MFC42D.dll, MFCO42D.dll, MSVCRTD.dll are missing. So i copy these files into the same folder (debug) where the exe is. if i run the exe it crashes after a short time.

So if i run the exe from the release-folder, the programm dont crash or need some dll's, it runs to end, but it creates no xls-files! the createing of the xls-files are all made in the VB-dll.

so i think, there should be some files installed on the other PC, but which files? I dont want to install the whole VC++ 6.0 & VB 6.0 compiler on the other PC.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You have to compile all programs for release mode before attempting to run them on other PCs. The DLLs you mentioned are for debugging on your PC only with your compilers.

First, the DLL's required for the executable in the Debug folder, are used for debugging purposes only, therefore you should always use the executable in the Release folder when distributing an application. I don't know much about VB6, however it is my understanding that VB6 programs require runtime files. This may be your problem. Check this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887. I don't know if you use the Package and Deployment Wizard, or if it can be used with library files. If it can't that may be your problem, and you should try installing the runtime files from that link (and maybe more for using Office file formats). Hope this helps.

First, the DLL's required for the executable in the Debug folder, are used for debugging purposes only, therefore you should always use the executable in the Release folder when distributing an application. I don't know much about VB6, however it is my understanding that VB6 programs require runtime files. This may be your problem. Check this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887. I don't know if you use the Package and Deployment Wizard, or if it can be used with library files. If it can't that may be your problem, and you should try installing the runtime files from that link (and maybe more for using Office file formats). Hope this helps.

Hi, thx for the answer, i have tried to install the VB Runtime files (your link, then other vbrun600, vbrun60) but it didnt helped.

i rewrite for testing my vb-dll, it shows only a single messagebox, even this dont work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.