Is it possible to display report in Visual Basic which is created in Microsoft Access?

We developed a databasep applicaton that uses Access database. but one of the cross tab reports is difficult to develp in VB , but could develop in Access. Now I want a way to call this report in Access thr' VB.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I'm not sure if this what you are looking for, but have you looked at crystal reports?

Is it possible to display report in Visual Basic which is created in Microsoft Access?

We developed a databasep applicaton that uses Access database. but one of the cross tab reports is difficult to develp in VB , but could develop in Access. Now I want a way to call this report in Access thr' VB.

ya u can..

I'm not sure if this what you are looking for, but have you looked at crystal reports?

Yaa, I know crystal reports, but it needs additional licence cost.
One of the reports I wanted could not be developed in Data Reports since it has subreport control(master-detail) in it and few field/control calculations.

I developed this report in Access where all the data resides for this project. Now I want a short from VB to be developed so as to open Access report.
I hope this clarifies scenario.

=Sham

There is no built-in control to display access reports in Visual BASIC. However, there are several third-party components (some of which cost $$$) that can be used for this purpose. Hope this helps!

Richard Henerlau

Why don't you check out VB6 Shell to MSACCESS.exe pass report name as a parameter.

RetVal = Shell("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe YourDB.mdb /cmd Rpt001", 1)

You can look up in Access the Command Line parameters the /cmd says you are passing a parameter, you could have code in access to intercept this parameter in I believe Command$. Then you can Docmd to open the report based on the parameter sent in like in this case Rpt001.

Mike

:?: Wouldn't that require everyone that wants to view the report to have copy of Access?? (not the runtime)

Which is what he is trying to avoid

He would need VB6 Professional version, Both Crystal Reports and Data Reports are in the controls.

-----------
Kegtapper

Why don't you check out VB6 Shell to MSACCESS.exe pass report name as a parameter.

RetVal = Shell("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.exe YourDB.mdb /cmd Rpt001", 1)

You can look up in Access the Command Line parameters the /cmd says you are passing a parameter, you could have code in access to intercept this parameter in I believe Command$. Then you can Docmd to open the report based on the parameter sent in like in this case Rpt001.

Mike

Si vos ya tenés creado el reporte (v.g. tureporte.rpt) lo podés llamar de donde quieras y cuando quieras. Lo que te sugiero es que desde tu programa en Visual Basic le mandes el recordset que tu previamente crearas en tu aplicación no solo porque es una práctica saludable sino evitar problemas de database (por ejemplo, tu creás el reporte usando Access y tu aplicación usa MySql, que tal?)
Regards
Chiquito

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.