I finished a VB6 app on Vista and packaged it there. But, when I try to install it on an XP machine, it says there are system files that need to updated. Is there some docs or help that would help with this... says what the developer should do to avoid this??... put different files on the Vista machine before packaging??

I tried putting the project on the XP machine and packaging it there, but when I try to install it there, I get errors that it can't start the setup1.exe process... and that file is zero sized in the C:\Windows folder. I can package other projects and install them on that machine, so there is something bad that happens with specific projects.

I don't really care which platform I use for the packaging, but I want the packaghe to install as easily as possible on XP, Vista and WIndows 7.

I am using the VB6 Package and Deployment wizard.

Thanks - John

Switch over to the FREE Windows Installer 1.1 or use the FREE Inno setup installers.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.