hi to all im new at vb6 and ive made a few basic programs using tutorials etc to get me started. i wanted to make a smiley tool for msn and yahoo for myself. doesnt sound like anything brillant i know but as i said im still learning and i figure if i dont ask i wont ever figure it out as ive been searching google for 2 days and cant find the answer. ok now ill get to the point what i want to do is when i click a smily it will go to the active yahoo room/pm for example. i know how to do most of it except how to send the code for the smily for example ":)" to the active window when the image is clicked can anyone help me with this please ty in advance for it

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

*Sits Here Like an Old Wise Shaolin VB Monk*

Use..... Sendkeys.

sorry for the stupid question but how exactly do i do that is there a tutorial or guide somewhere you can direct me to please sorry for the stupid question im sure u get a bit tired of them and ty for the reply

No No, Not at all. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I just thought it would be fun to be a Shaolin of VB :D

Anyway, here is a good page to read up about sendkeys... there used to be a lot more, this one took some digging. I suppose I'll have to write one for Daniweb... Anyhow, you use it just by calling it, but it needs keys to send:

sendkeys "hi"

The Problem is, That It has codes that can go with it. For Example:

sendkeys "~{F4}{ENTER}"

Is The Same As Pressing Alt-F4, And Then Enter, at the same time. Alt F4 closes the currently active App, and Enter would be pointless.... but for an example for you to see, I put it there like that. I'm guessing you would do something like:

sendkeys ":){ENTER}"

Either way, Here is a page that lists the special characters, and the stuff you can put in braces:
http://www.scriptlogic.com/Kixtart/htmlhelp/Functions/sendkeys.htm

Let me know how it turns out.

hi to all im new at vb6 and ive made a few basic programs using tutorials etc to get me started. i wanted to make a smiley tool for msn and yahoo for myself. doesnt sound like anything brillant i know but as i said im still learning and i figure if i dont ask i wont ever figure it out as ive been searching google for 2 days and cant find the answer. ok now ill get to the point what i want to do is when i click a smily it will go to the active yahoo room/pm for example. i know how to do most of it except how to send the code for the smily for example ":)" to the active window when the image is clicked can anyone help me with this please ty in advance for it

well if you are new with vb, making such a "bot" aint the best to start with.....but yea as Comatose said, sendkey protocol would do it and is very easy to code

sendkey "test" & vbcrlf

this would send the string "test" to the window youre mouse is aimed at....on chats you have to add the crlf part to make it send the text to the victim...

greetings,
Rad

You are slightly mistaken.... I have successfully created a VB app, that will sendkeys to both an msn messenger window, a yahoo messenger window, and a chat embeded into a web page on MSN, using {ENTER}, instead of vbcrlf..... also, you could use "vbnewline" for readability... vbcrlf is the vb constant of carriage return, and linefeed combined.... on most windows systems this is the standard for the newline character... which vbnewline (and {ENTER}) encompass.

i hav created 2 application and i want to send keystrokes from the 1st one to the 2nd one.
can u pls help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.