Hi everybody,

Again, your help is highly appreciated.

I have to develop a tool in Excel (VBA). I have three different worksheets. The first two are information about products, sorted by product number.
In the third one, there should be a tool, which needs to calculate with information from the first worksheet.
So, I am trying to achieve a scenario where I put in the product number in the third worksheet, and Excel automatically searches the first sheet for the product number and copys the according relevant information. Then it should be pasted in the tool (third worksheet) in the right cells. Is something like that possible?? And if yes, how??

Please help :-)

Thank you so much!!!

Yes it is possible from within both visual basic and visual basic for applications as that is what you would use from within excel. If you go to the vba code window and press F1 and search for open workbook, you should be able to find some example code on how to do what you want to do. Then also perhaps, someone might come along and give you a few examples but if they don't, you can always use your friends (yahoo, google, ask, answers, bing) to search for vba open workbook or vba tutorial...

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.