hello to all,
by the way i'am new in visual basic. could any teach me how i should start my project. my project is that. its talk about accounting the proopsheet and the ledger. now this is the problem when a person created a proopsheet in excel, there is three colums called the debit column the credit column and the description column. after that he finished typing all data in excell and save it as proopsheet.xls, he will open the visual basic program and the program will ask for a source file and that file is the proopsheet.xls after opening that file in VB the visual basic program will generate the ledger a new output of .xls file will come up with the ledger.xls. now the layout of the proopsheet is differnt from the ledger. the column name is also differnt. i upload the sample proopsheet and ledger. i appreciate for any help will come. by the way i forgot the data from the proopsheet.xls will also put into database for now i will use acces for the database.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have attached a sample VB6, Access and excell app. This is only a guide to what you need, you still need to adapt it to work for you.

Let us know if this helped.

I have attached a sample VB6, Access and excell app. This is only a guide to what you need, you still need to adapt it to work for you.

Let us know if this helped.

thanks for the help but the file you give maybe it is corrupted, it dont have a file extension. by the way i dont need a file that already made of, but i just want to know how should i start my program. for example how do i can connect vb into excel and access or how can i can manipulate the acces and excel datta throught visual basic. thanks

You will need a zip file to open the attachment. The application contained within the zip file has the connections, excel transfer to access database and vice versa etc.

I have just opened the file with winzip, and all is fine.

You will need a zip file to open the attachment. The application contained within the zip file has the connections, excel transfer to access database and vice versa etc.

I have just opened the file with winzip, and all is fine.

thanks a lot i already opened it. now i need to look how did you right the code and i will write my own if i finished it i will tell you. thanks a lot for a help.

Only a pleasure. If this helped, please mark as solved, thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.