hello can you help me please where can i get the crystal report and how can i use this...thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Google it.. Buy it.. download it..

Jemz, there is no free edition of CR. You can download a trial version, but it still has to be activated by paying for it, sorry.:sad:

Also to keep in mind is that the newer versions of CR is not workable within vb6. Only up to version XI (version eleven) is compatible.:)

Once you have downloaded trial and start working with it (there is plenty of samples on google AND the download version comes with some samples), you can open a new thread with a more specific question to how it works.:)

Jemz, there is no free edition of CR. You can download a trial version, but it still has to be activated by paying for it, sorry.:sad:

Also to keep in mind is that the newer versions of CR is not workable within vb6. Only up to version XI (version eleven) is compatible.:)

Once you have downloaded trial and start working with it (there is plenty of samples on google AND the download version comes with some samples), you can open a new thread with a more specific question to how it works.:)

Hello sir thanks for the reply. so you mean sir if i have cr version 9 it will not work in my vb6 program?..am i right sir?...hoping for your positive responds.

CR 9 will work just fine. It's only from version 12.0 upwards that is incompatible.

CR 9 will work just fine. It's only from version 12.0 upwards that is incompatible.

Hello sir thank you for your reply,sir can you please give me some links on how to use this and how to work with this is there a sample program working with crystal report.thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds...

This is probably the best tutorial available. Have a look HERE.

It is making use of MySql as a database. If you are using access, the data tables etc will differ a little bit. The code for the report stays the same though. Enjoy:)

If you have any more specific question regarding CR9, open a new thread. I suppose this one is done and can now be closed.:)

This is probably the best tutorial available. Have a look HERE.

It is making use of MySql as a database. If you are using access, the data tables etc will differ a little bit. The code for the report stays the same though. Enjoy:)

If you have any more specific question regarding CR9, open a new thread. I suppose this one is done and can now be closed.:)

thank you so much for this link sir ....more power to you...

Thanks Jemz.:)
I hope we will see more of you here in the future...;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.