I am trying to write a program that will execute programs in Visual basic from a CD. The Programs need to be compiled with the program that i am writing so even if i move it to another computer it will know where to find it. I need it to execute MULTIPLE programs if check boxes are checked can some one help me with this problem?????

I would appreciate it so much

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

just check if the boxes are checked, and if so, run a shell on each of them. If you need the program to wait a given length of time (or until the first run is completed) you can use the waitforesingleobject api.

just check if the boxes are checked, and if so, run a shell on each of them. If you need the program to wait a given length of time (or until the first run is completed) you can use the waitforesingleobject api.

I am sorry i Don't understand could you provide a little bit of the code so i can get a better understanding.

Thanks So Much

I can't give you code until I understand what you are doing. I know you want to launch more than 1 app..... what all at the same time?

I can't give you code until I understand what you are doing. I know you want to launch more than 1 app..... what all at the same time?

No, I need them to execute if the check box is checked. Like if i want to install an Anti-Virus, I want it To Install If I check The box For It. And I need It To Also Install multiple Updates To....for the programs That are selected Like Windows XP, and The Anti-Virus Programs.

We already established that they will only run if the box is checked..... now, what If I check ALL the boxes??? now what? Which one do I run first? Do I run them all at the same time?

We already established that they will only run if the box is checked..... now, what If I check ALL the boxes??? now what? Which one do I run first? Do I run them all at the same time?

I think it Would be for the best if it ran starting at the first and ending at the last checked item.

*sigh*

Ok. Lay out some steps for me....
A
1) user clicks launch
2) program launches first checked box
3) program launches second checked box
4) program launches third checked box.
5) etc.
-----
B
1) user clicks launch
3) program waits for first launch to finish
4) program launches second checked box
5) program waits for second launch to finish

A or B?

Ok. Lay out some steps for me....
A
1) user clicks launch
3) program launches second checked box
4) program launches third checked box.
5) etc.
-----
B
1) user clicks launch
3) program waits for first launch to finish
4) program launches second checked box
5) program waits for second launch to finish

A or B?

Option B I am Sorry I didn't Understand What You Were Asking.

dim Progs(5) as string ' change this to 1 less than the number of programs
Progs(0) = "c:\program_path\program1.exe"
Progs(1) = "c:\program_path\program2.exe"
Progs(2) = "c:\program_path\program3.exe"
Progs(3) = "c:\program_path\program4.exe"
Progs(5) = "c:\program_path\program5.exe"

dim WSH as object
set wsh = createobject("WScript.Shell")
for each Prog in Progs
     wsh.run Prog, 1, 1
next Prog

Option B I am Sorry I didn't Understand What You Were Asking.

And Maybe alittle of a I need it to install small updates, In the back ground. Things that won't bother the other installs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.