Hi folks...get into the wayback machine. :) I have a VB6 program I'm drastically modifying due to vendor API changes. This isn't my natural language, so I have to hack around every time I change things. Problem now is that the program won't end. I know it hits the END statement, but it just stays running. I can see it in Task Manager. I don't think it's consuming any additional CPU or memory. I think I may have some object open. Is there a programmatic way I can iterate through a list of all my open things so I can print the names? That might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks!

Found my problem...sure enough, wasn't closing this new object. If anyone knows how to determine all open objects, I'd still appreciate that information. Thanks!

Try this bro ..

Dim proc As System.Diagnostics.Process
            For Each proc In System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName("EXCEL")
                proc.Kill()
            Next

Just change EXCEL. Put the application that still running. Hope it helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.