greetings here in saudi arabia.i come in peace.i have a problem in search hope you guys have time answering this. i have a datagrid table a textbox and adodc controller.if i input the characters in textbox i want to see only the characters that i have entered and the other will not be shown in the table of datagrid.hope u understand what i mean.thanx in advance for answering this.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i want to see only the characters that i have entered and the other will not be shown in the table of datagrid.

Not sure what you mean by "the others"

Do I remember this right?
The ADODC indexes through the data base displaying results in the Data Grid
The TextBox is linked to a field in the data base
Changing the value in the textbox changes the DB which updates to the Data Grid

i uploaded a picture of my system. if i search for the part "FG1058-550" i want only the row of this to be displayed and the "other rows" will be hidden.im sorry for my english... hope u understand.thanx for your time.

Probably a dumb question but why use a datagrid if all you want is a single line result?
I seem to remember using text boxes for this task.
Try this:
This article seems to discuss your issue. Hope it gets you what you want.

you dont get it oldman. i think ur too old for programming. i say that if i search a "part number" it will be displayed and the others will be hidden.anyways thanx oldman

Old man will take one more swing:
In your Search Part Cmd button code put the following code
Enter your desired part number FG1058550 in your Part text box

SELECT * BRAND,TYPE,MODEL,PART,DESCRIPTION,Dealer,MSRPM,CS FROM INVENTORY WHERE PART = Part.Text

and see if that gets what you want.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.