Hi. I'm currently developing a very simple standalone terminal EPOS software in VB6, as all the off the shelf products are way too complicated for the single shop its required for, but they want it barcoded to make it easier for them. Currently I'm stumped by one huge bit. It revolves on discounts (BOGOF, Buy one get one xx% less, buy five get 1 free etc). Now I've tried tokenizing the entries but it seems far overly complicated way around. Has anyone got a better solution? Many thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You could make a list with the amount bought and the rule that applies. Use select case to decide which rule.

Thanks,I will give it a try. I would post what i've been doing so far, however lazily forgot to save it as 'its just some scratch work' and new install meant environment was set to 'prompt to save'. One brown out and its gone. Ah well, just as well its in modules so all I've lost is about an hours work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.