I would like to silently print PDF files from the hard drive to a named printer, which may or may not be the default printer.

In the this thread, it shows how to silently print the PDF but it always goes to the default printer. Is there a command line that allows the entry of the printer name? Is there a better way to go?

Thanks,

Nitro

Member Avatar for RussellMartin

I used the link in your thread to find out how to do the printing but I too would like to print to a specific printer.

I used this command...

?"[FilePrintTo(" & Chr(34) & sPDFPath & Chr(34) & "," & Chr(34) & PrinterName & Chr(34) & "," & Chr(34) & printerDriver & Chr(34) & "," & Chr(34) & PrinterPort & Chr(34) & ")]"

e.g

[FilePrintTo("c:\test.pdf","\\echo\Canon i6500","winspool","Ne02:")]

I found this information on adobe.com...
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/iac/IACReference.pdf#search=%22FilePrintSilent%20specify%20printer%22

It does say that this should pop up a modal window (therefore not silent) however this did not happen with me and it allows me to print silently to a named printer

For pdf silent printing we are using CLPrint on Command Line PDF

You can easy Print all your PDF documents to any printer you have. You can define the DPI, print range, color mode and many more all from your command prompt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.