I am working on a project where I need to open a .pps file using Visual Basic 6 (which I have done already). I need to change the slide transition according to input obtained from a serial port that will keep changing during the execution of the VB project. Please assist me on this.

As the mouse click will proceed to the next slide in the slideshow, I would like to know if there is a way to simulate this mouse click and hence indirectly alter the slide transition timing. Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Im unsure if theres an easier way to do this but you could do this pretty simple with an API call

Declare Auto Function mouse_event Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal dwflags As Integer, ByVal dx As Integer, ByVal dy As Integer, ByVal dwData As Integer, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Integer) As Integer

Const MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN as Integer = 2
Const MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP as Integer = 4
Const MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN as Integer = 8
Const MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP as Integer = 16Public Shared Sub MouseClick()
{
    Dim x As Integer = 100
    Dim y As Integer = 100;
     mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN, x, y, 0, 0)
    mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, x, y, 0, 0)
}

simply changing the values of x and y will simulate a click.

Hope this helps if you want more help with how the API works run a google search on it

thanks...

i cant run that to vb6 please help me ! code for simulate mouse click on vb6 only

Please start your own thread if you have a problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.