Could any one help me? :sad:

I am a beginner in Visual basic. I recenly was testing one of the applications I developed and have a problem to run it.

The application basicly is a database that I can add/remove/update...etc records and it uses a microsoft access database to connect to.

I have no problems in running it using visual basic but when I compile it and try to install it on a different computer that uses (Win ME operating system), the following error is generated:
------------------------------------------------
713 - Class not registered.
Looking for object with CLSID:{59245250-7A2F-11D0-9482-00A0C91110ED}
The PC that I used to compile the appliction had Ms Access installed in it. but the Win ME computer doesn't have Ms Access installed!
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I think it is somethig to do with dependency files that was probably not compiled in VB.
Could any body help me understand or let me know what/where I can find dependency files for my application to work

Thank you for your Help

Regards
Khaled

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

you need to download or copy over MSBIND.DLL to the target comptuer.
place it in your \Windows\System32 folder

then you need to register the dll file
start > run > Regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\msbind.dll

Thanks BinaryMayhem

The application works properly now

Thanks

Khaled

:mrgreen:

I am a beginner in Visual basic. I recenly was testing one of the applications I developed and have a problem to run it.

The application basicly is a database that I can add/remove/update...etc records and it uses a microsoft access database to connect to.

I have no problems in running it using visual basic but when I compile it and try to install it on a different computer
how I do that to make the app to run on other computer
The PC that I used to compile the appliction in vb6 & Ms Access installed in it. but end side the computer doesn't have Ms Access/vb6 installed!
some one say to make the setup files and install on end side nut no one`s how i make the setup/.exe file use vb6
p help me

I have no problems in running it using visual basic but when I compile it and try to install it on a different computer
how I do that to make the app to run on other computer
The PC that I used to compile the appliction in vb6 & Ms Access installed in it. but end side the computer doesn't have Ms Access/vb6 installed!
some one say to make the setup files and install on end side nut no one`s how i make the setup/.exe file use vb6
p help me

ur query is already answered in the post "Problem in running application on another computer". so go and find it out.

how to run vb exe file on different computer,
can anyone help me?

Is the Dependencies of access table Possible in vb6.0 ? How

dear Mr. khalid

assalamu alikum

U need to create a setup program using package & deployment wizard of VB and then install it on other computer.
hope it will help U

Bashir Ahmad

@Parthmodi you just re-opened ages old thread, which is bad idea. Please create new thread and as your question there with proper problem description not like above one.

@Bashir ahmad it is always good idea to look on the date of original post so you do not get embarrassed for replying to 6 years old post.

Thread closed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.