hi guys,

this must seem like a pointless and bizaar post, but i just bought a new electric toothbrush, and neither the charger or the brush have contact terminals on them? how does it charge the battery without actually making contact? :rolleyes:

(a very baffed and confused)
darren

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

it's called wirless charging, and your toothbrush is running LinuxBrush 1.0.3

Maybe the brush has a generator in it, and it uses magnets to to provide rotation. Does it whurrr whilst it charges?

it's called wirless charging, and your toothbrush is running LinuxBrush 1.0.3

:cheesy: LMAO!!!! :cheesy:

Maybe the brush has a generator in it, and it uses magnets to to provide rotation. Does it whurrr whilst it charges?

very good thought there, could do, its almost silent when charging though - this will end up driving me round the bend! :-| lol

the tootbrush might have been taking energy from a solar source... next time you brush, you need to pull your teeth making sure the solar energy is always active. LOL

you guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!:d after driving me mad for weeks i finally came to the conclusion that the only way was to pull it apart, so i have now ruined my solar-powered linux brush but..... i found that it only had a small copper coil, no genorator or flashy gadgetry stuff, just a small copper coil, still confused as to how it works though - sorry `worked` dont think it'll work now its insides are on the bathroom floor! :d

ic, so there must be some kind of magnet inside it too or something... a magnet powered toothbrush... :)

wow now thats clever, wont be long before we have contactless plugs / sockets then lol

It's nice that you would destroy your tooth brush in the interests of amatuer science - Kudos!

i thought so :d, i now have a £40 toothbrush with wires hanging out on my desk - but dont worry, its all in the name of science, or should that be curiousity? lol

Basically it uses a motor to charge your tooth bush when its in the dock a magnet inside the dock causes the coil to spin inside the bush which in turn charges the battery.

Its just using a more advanced version of that experiment with the copper coil and a magnet that you do in highschool electronics class

Basically it uses a motor to charge your tooth bush when its in the dock a magnet inside the dock causes the coil to spin inside the bush which in turn charges the battery.

Its just using a more advanced version of that experiment with the copper coil and a magnet that you do in highschool electronics class

cheers mate!!! :cheesy: still very impressed even if it does now have its insides outside :lol:

I telnetted into this guy's toothbrush terminal a few weeks ago, and lo and behold I had r00t. I disabled quikbrush function and the dude hasn't been able to brush his teeth for a month...

I telnetted into this guy's toothbrush terminal a few weeks ago, and lo and behold I had r00t. I disabled quikbrush function and the dude hasn't been able to brush his teeth for a month...

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Ha ha nice work.

LMAO!! :lol: you should do stand-up mate :lol:

darren :cool:

Lol. Thanks guys, be cool! Stay smart so I can keep coming back to Daniweb for help.

Lol. Thanks guys, be cool! Stay smart so I can keep coming back to Daniweb for help.

Aww and here i was about to go an labotomize myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.