Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Ok, I changed it again. Better ???

much better..:cheesy::p

now Mr. Dragon, please help me with my own avatar...:)

now Mr. Dragon, please help me with my own avatar...:)

Please, Please drop the "Mr." Someone told me once a long long time ago "I'm not a Mr. -- I have to work for a living".

What do you want to be known as -- I really don't know much about you because your public profile tells us nothing.

Getting late now for me anyway -- 10:30 p.m. and have to get up at 6:30 a.m. Talk more tomaroow if you wish.

What do you want to be known as -- I really don't know much about you because your public profile tells us nothing.

Well, I am 1991 born high school student (class 11) who has chosen science as his stream(physics, chem, math, english, computerscience c++). I will pursue for software engineering for higher studies, although i aspire/desire to be a Latin Pop(i am really not serius about it) :). I love music, web designing, programming in c++, working with flash and reading. My favorite singer is Ricky Martin as you could see well in my current avatar. This is what i could say about myself right now. Oh yes, I live in Delhi, India.

your public profile tells us nothing.

Well, i am still thinking what should I write about myself in my profile. You could now surely imagine how confused I am.

Talk more tomaroow if you wish.

I would surely like to talk with you. After all you are mod of Software Devp, the field which i will pursue for after 1.5 years and have such great experience of life since 1943.

Getting late now for me anyway -- 10:30 p.m

Goodnight

You mean you liked that evil dragon? I don't think it suits me at all. I may be cranky and absent-minded at times, but never evil.

Naa you are not evil. That avatar just tells us how mature you are in this field. But still it depends on the way you look at things so maybe if you think that the prev one looked evil then....

Wait til they read my profile and find out hold young I really am

Hehe not many beginnners read profiles so there is slick chance they would be cleared of their doubts regarding you :cheesy:

Please, Please drop the "Mr."

Yep. True. It is annoying. :)

Please, Please drop the "Mr." Someone told me once a long long time ago "I'm not a Mr. -- I have to work for a living".

I fail to understand what is the logic behind this...:!: BTW how about Sir Dragon ?:D

Yep. True. It is annoying.

Looks like another infraction is on the way....:twisted:

I fail to understand what is the logic behind this...:!

People who are called Mr. usually are the CEO or a company or a manager or supervisor who are preceived by many employees as doing nothing. Afterall, it is the employees that do all the work, while supervisors just stand around watching.

>> BTW how about Sir Dragon
That one I like :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

>Naa you are not evil
you didn't see the one I had for a couple hours yesterday did you?

People who are called Mr. usually are the CEO or a company or a manager or supervisor who are preceived by many employees as doing nothing. Afterall, it is the employees that do all the work, while supervisors just stand around watching.

The reason me and Vishesh call you Mr. is because it has a different meaning in our country. Here we use the title Sir or Mr. to a person who is more knowledgable than us or as a means of giving respect.

That one I like

Approved !! BTW the newbies would be in a bit of shock when I start calling you and Mr. WaltP "Sir" :cheesy:

The reason me and Vishesh call you Mr. is because it has a different meaning in our country. Here we use the title Sir or Mr. to a person who is more knowledgable than us or as a means of giving respect.:

That applies here too for children -- parents teach (or should) children to respect their elders. But after children grow into adulthood they normally drop the Mr because they are considered to be at nearly the same level.

>>Diablo - Lord of Terror
Greate game from Blizzard -- that is where I picked up my handle about 10 years ago. I still play it often.

>Approved !! BTW the newbies would be in a bit of shock when I start calling you and Mr. WaltP "Sir"
as long as its something like "Sir Dragon" and not "Mr Dragon Sir". "Sir Dragon" shounds more royal. :cheesy:

That applies here too for children -- parents teach (or should) children to respect their elders. But after children grow into adulthood they normally drop the Mr because they are considered to be at nearly the same level.

I dont think there is any sort of level as such when you are talking to a man born in 1943 (even before the independence of our country :D )

Greate game from Blizzard -- that is where I picked up my
handle about 10 years ago. I still play it often.

Yeah great game, if you still looking for something like that try Neverwniter Nights (awesome RPG )

as long as its something like "Sir Dragon" and not "Mr Dragon Sir". "Sir Dragon" shounds more royal.

Naa I aint that dumb :p

The reason me and Vishesh call you Mr. is because it has a different meaning in our country. Here we use the title Sir or Mr. to a person who is more knowledgable than us or as a means of giving respect.

Heaven knows we don't want any respect flowing around here :eek:

Approved !! BTW the newbies would be in a bit of shock when I start calling you and Mr. WaltP "Sir" :cheesy:

Well, at least we'd get respect from someone!

Heaven knows we don't want any respect flowing around here

Two people wont cause an overflow.

Well, at least we'd get respect from someone!

Hmm.....

I took a psych course a very long time ago where the professor was saying that we dream many, many different times every night, with each dream only lasting a couple of minutes, and we only remember the dreams that are significant to us.

I've heard one theory about dreams.

They say that hypothalamus, primitive brain that is common in most creatures, is becoming hyperactive during REM stage and sends all kinds of impulses to cerebral cortex, which then tries to interpret those impulses and the result is the dream. Random images, sounds, thoughts, emotions and all other stimulations that are usually coming from the outer world. Some say that this is a nature's way of "instant replay" of events that happened the previous day, and the soul purpose is to "learn the lesions" twice. It's a survival instinct. And recently people "discovered" that dogs dream too. I have a dog and I had bunch of cats, and I KNOW that they dream too. My dog runs in a sleep almost every time he sleeps. Sometimes he barks too. Same with cats, only they prefer eating in a sleep.

A lot of people don't remember their dreams. That is because they are happening inside short-term memory only and they are gone within next couple of minutes. I know a technique of how to "capture" the dream into the long-term memory, and it's simple. All you have to do is try to remember every detail about the dream when you wake up. Writing it down helps too.

On rare occasions people have lucid dreams (a dream in which you are aware that you are in a dream). I've heard that sleeping with a lights or music on sometimes can lead to lucid dreaming. It doesn't let the brain to fall a sleep all the way.
I had couple of those myself. I two of them I even could decide weather I was gonna wake up or not.

Some MD's claim that while sleeping, brain releases some sleep hormones into the bloodstream that act like body maintenance. They say that body heals faster while sleeping, and it is due to these sleep hormones.

Bottom line is: ppl still don't know much about dreams. Interpreting dreams is 100% subjective and all the metaphors and symbolisms are different from culture to culture. Even from person to person.

i type in my sleep according to my parents
odd......... maybe i need to spend less time on the computer?

p.s has anyone noticed that now all the google adverts for this thread are talkin about dreams?

I see:

Ads by Google Reg Windows XP Microsoft XP Reinstall XP XP Problem.

I see:

Ads by Google:
Psychic Dreams
Dream Analysis
Dream Meanings
Dream Mood

:D

I hope my dreams arn't Psychic dreams, I've had some really weird/bad dreams.

I tend to have those dreams that I'm glad that they are just dreams when I wake up.

And they're in full detail and color.

My dreams tend to be extremely vivid, but they don't lead anywhere! I end up regretting ever thinking of "defining" my dreams, because I am a hopeless freak... may you all have great lives.

lol_hacker101

Luckily Dreams are where my mind can do whatever it wants without rules :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.