I'd like to apologize to everyone at TTF for being so scarce lately. It's been a VERY busy semester for me with a tragic ending.

Tuesday night, at 1 am, my dad suffered a heart attack as well as from an aneurysm in his brain which landed him in a coma and braindead. This was all completely unexpected and sudden, as he was on his way into bed. The DNR papers were signed this afternoon after he was given less than a day to live.

I'm going to play around here on TechTalk for awhile to take my mind off of stuff. Who knows where I'll be the next week or so.

I wish all mommy's out there a Happy Mother's Day in advance. Take care.

- Dani

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Oh my God. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. You must be real sad! :(

Dani -

You know how all of us feel about this. I, as well as Jimmy, Greg, and Ian would like to extend our greatest condolences to you.

I know what its like to experience death, it totally sucks. Just remember, if you need ANYTHING, and I mean anything, I'm only a phone call away.

Maybe, if you feel up to it, you can post details of where/when you're sitting shiva (spelling?) and some TTF regulars can come and be with you.

What a tragedy. I'm really sorry. I know how bad it feels to lose a loved one, so if there's anything in the world that you need, you know I'm here also. Even if it's just talking, or even playing some Mario Kart.

I'll miss your dad and his awesome stories. I think what I remember most is when he made fun of your mom's blue popcorn, and of course, him and his affection for flowers. ;)

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I lost my father much the same way. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Dani.

Take care

I'd like to apologize to everyone at TTF for being so scarce lately. It's been a VERY busy semester for me with a tragic ending.

Tuesday night, at 1 am, my dad suffered a heart attack as well as from an aneurysm in his brain which landed him in a coma and braindead. This was all completely unexpected and sudden, as he was on his way into bed. The DNR papers were signed this afternoon after he was given less than a day to live.

I'm going to play around here on TechTalk for awhile to take my mind off of stuff. Who knows where I'll be the next week or so.

- Dani

I am very, very sorry to hear of your Dad's condition. Please know that my heartfelt prayers are with him, yourself and the rest of your family and friends.

Dear Dani,

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad (since I haven't seen you on the board for roughly a week I am assuming that he has passed and that you are sitting Shiva) and, of course, I offer you and your family heartfelt condolences on your tragic loss.

I lost my Pops over three years ago and there are still times I miss him so much it's nearly a physical pain. But, then again, time has washed away most all of the pain and I am able to rejoice in his life all of the good times we had (and some of the bad, but that's ok!) and all of the knowledge and character he was able to pass on to me. I hope you can find some comfort in that one day this natural progression will work it's way on you as well, and that with the passage of time far more rememberances will bring laughter to your voice than tears to your eyes.

In the mean time I would like to offer you a story I found while searching the web for a prayer:

A Jewish Storyabout death
Rabbi Meir had two young sons each of whom he loved dearly. Both of them died on the same day; it was the Sabbath and the Rabbi was at the house of learning teaching his people about their faith. On his return his wife greeted him with a question. 'Some time ago a friend gave me some jewels to keep for him. Today he demands their return; what shall I do ?' The Rabbi replied "Of course you must give back the jewels, I do not understand why you ask such a question' His wife took him by the hand and led him into the room where the children lay dead. 'These", she said, "Are the jewels that I must return.' The Rabbi through his tears spoke the words from the scriptures, 'The Lord has given and the Lord has taken away, blessed be the name of the Lord.

The above passage was taken from this webpage: Jewish Death customs and funeral customs. I wanted to offer you an appropriate prayer, but had difficulty finding one (I have, on my own recited on behalf of your Dad, you and your family the Our Father prayer, and will continue to do so), although I did find a page for what I believe is the El Molai Rachamim. I was going to copy it here in fellowship to you and what you are going through, but I don't want to inadvertently disrespect the structure and tradition of the prayer by miscopying the English portion, so I've included the following link: Mourner's Kaddish.

I only wish I could reach through this page and give you a friendly bearhug, CSCGAL and offer some comfort there. Suffice it to say that you are greatly appreciated here and that your pain is shared by the regular and casual members alike. May your Dad rest in Everlasting Peace.

Paul

- Dani

Best wishes to your family..

He would have been 51 today. He passed away right before his 50th. :(

Damn, that's sad Dani. Lots of love to you.

And thanks, you've made me shed a few more tears for Mum, and even more so for my little granddaughter Jacinta. That's a sad thing but never a bad thing.

I found this, and think it's rather wonderful:

That he was near to you so many a year
But darkens your distress.
Would you he were less worthy and less dear
That you might grieve the less?
He was a golden font that freely poured
What goldenly endures,
And though that font be gone,
its bounty stored and treasured
Still is yours.
The past is deathless.
Souls are wells too deep
To spend their purest gains.
All that he gave to you is yours to keep
While memory remains.
Who never had and lost, forlorn are they
Far more than you and I
Who had and have.
Judge not the price we pay
For love that cannot die.

Got nothing to say because everyone else has said what I wanted to say.
Just wanted to add that, life goes on. It will be tough in the beginning but you gain as you go on day by day.
And he... would want you to be happy too. :-)
Take care!

Ahhh! I don know what to say in this situation .... but I tell you I have always seen you smiling in your posts n ofcourse in your pic n your avatar .... Its really sad seeing you sad ... its its its really sad ... I can feal my heart beating for you ..
Just a wish that your dad rests in heavens .... and may God give you the courage to face all the difficulties in your life ... n a hope you get no difficult situations in your life to face ...

Sometimes, the best thing to say is nothing. Or just *hug*

I lost my Dad and older sister in a car wreck Jul 1, 2003. I realized they did a lot for and with me, but never realized the extent of it.

I understand your feelings well, Dani, as my Dad was just about the same age.

I have never lost somebody so close to me, I have never experienced your pain before... I know the day will come, I fear it. I think to myself that they will go to a better place and everything will be well, I will see them again some day. But it still scares me... alot. You are a strong person Danni, and even though I know this thread is old, you will be fine. :D

MY SITE IS NEARLY UP! (change of mood) :D

Thank you everyone for your kind words. They're very appreciated.

My condolences Dani.

My dad died about 10 years ago now. I occasionally have dreams where he'll be sitting at a picnic table with me and we're enjoying an afternoon together. It seems the most reasonable thing in the world in the dream.

He will never be truly gone as long as he is not forgotten.

Dani,

For what it's worth, my most sincere condolences go out to you. Just like when you were sick, and when you were in the hospital, don't worry at all about us here in the forums-- you have way more important things to worry about than this.

I wish you and your family the best through such a tough time. My grandmother died a few months back as a result of alleged nursing home mistreatment, and I'm still regretting that I did not tell my then employer to shove off and let me go to her funeral. Take care of you and your family out there, and your family here will manage as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.